This post is about being thankful for the little (or not so little) things in life. This is one of our engagement pictures. Sure, maybe you're thinking... that's a dumb picture to have taken at an engagement session... but is it?? Scott and I spent a year apart while I lived in Puerto Rico and worked as a missionary teacher and he lived in Alabama working as a middle school math teacher and football coach. We spent so much time on the phone that I'm surprised AT&T didn't quit having free mobile to mobile since we were using all of it up!!! We took this picture so that we would always remember the sacrifices that we made, and that love and relationships have to be built on them in order to survive. I remember how there were some moments where I felt like we were oceans a part... and we literally were... but I also remember moments when I felt like he was right there with me...even though there was the great expanse of an ocean between us. I think that's how I feel with God sometimes. Oh, I know He's ALWAYS there... or here, rather... but sometimes I feel like He's further than an ocean away. Some days I long for a physical hug from Jesus. I know that when I am in Heaven I'll finally know what it's like to be in perfect union with God... until then, I'm just so blessed and thankful for how close and available He makes Himself to us here on Earth. Oh, and I'm so thankful for the physical presence of people here who give me hugs and are vessels of God's love. Tuesday, 28 October 2008
Oceans Apart...
This post is about being thankful for the little (or not so little) things in life. This is one of our engagement pictures. Sure, maybe you're thinking... that's a dumb picture to have taken at an engagement session... but is it?? Scott and I spent a year apart while I lived in Puerto Rico and worked as a missionary teacher and he lived in Alabama working as a middle school math teacher and football coach. We spent so much time on the phone that I'm surprised AT&T didn't quit having free mobile to mobile since we were using all of it up!!! We took this picture so that we would always remember the sacrifices that we made, and that love and relationships have to be built on them in order to survive. I remember how there were some moments where I felt like we were oceans a part... and we literally were... but I also remember moments when I felt like he was right there with me...even though there was the great expanse of an ocean between us. I think that's how I feel with God sometimes. Oh, I know He's ALWAYS there... or here, rather... but sometimes I feel like He's further than an ocean away. Some days I long for a physical hug from Jesus. I know that when I am in Heaven I'll finally know what it's like to be in perfect union with God... until then, I'm just so blessed and thankful for how close and available He makes Himself to us here on Earth. Oh, and I'm so thankful for the physical presence of people here who give me hugs and are vessels of God's love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment