You see, you spend all of this time investing love into these little kids. You teach them everything from greater than and less than in math, to love being the greatest commandment Jesus has given. You are their second mother. In fact, you spend more time with them every day than many of their own mothers do. And then it happens... they leave you on the last day... and it's very sad... much like the break up of a relationship. Then comes the first day of the new year... when you see your old students with their new teacher... "the other woman." Although you know that they have grown and it is where they are to be now... there will always be that little tug at your heart... because you know that at one time... they were yours, and you were there everything.
I know this comparison is an odd one, and nothing short of that... but it struck me last year when I was teaching that the similarities do exist. How curious to love them and then let them go... but then again, I suppose that when I become a parent I will learn daily lessons on this concept... that's why it's important to live out Proverbs 22:6~
"Direct your children on the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it."
But to my kids of 3-2 at CDS... I love you all... my little Puerto Rican Cuties!
"Direct your children on the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it."
No comments:
Post a Comment