
There's a storm in my heart now. There are some lessons in life that are hard to learn, and right now I'm learning one of them. My only comfort comes not from man, but from my God. We all have ideas in our heads... notions of how things should be or not be. As we grow further in Christ we have to learn to lay those at the foot of the cross, even in the midst of the storm, and wait. We have to learn to wait on our Almighty God. Waiting is something that I'm not too good at. God gives me ample opportunities to learn patience. Although I'm still lacking in that Fruit of the Spirit, I'm striving to get better at it, but it's not always easy... especially in the storm. I love this picture. I love everything about it. I love that it reminds me that God must be my focus, even when other areas of the horizon may seem brighter for various reasons. I love that storms are beautiful things... that can be VERY scary. I love that the sky is purple and it reminds me how my God is a Mighty and Royal King who is in control. I love how the lightning bolts are never straight, always twisting and turning like life and its problems, but how the cross is so strong and straight. There is no confusion in the cross... because God is not ever confused. He knows the plans He has for us. He knows that He has marked out and numbered our steps. He knows that when we feel too weak, His strength will carry us through. I also love how this picture reminds me of when Jesus calmed the winds and the waves. He is not just my Jesus who holds me and heals me, but He is the VERY GOD who created the Heavens and the Earth. He was, is, and is to come... and because of all those things... He is MORE than capable to calm this storm in my heart. What's my job? Easy. "Be still, and KNOW that I am GOD."
1 comment:
Good thoughts Ruthie. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment